Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Community Service

When I was in middle school my best friend was named Jimmy. Jimmy was the sweetest boy with the kindest heart. I had known him since first grade and we were extremely close. Jimmy has down syndrome but he never lets that get to him. Ever since I met him, I have wanted to do something that would put a smile on as many kids with a Cognitive disability as possible. When I moved to Florida I had to leave Jimmy, but he left me with so much. He taught me to always smile even when things get tough. He taught me to love everything and everyone. Moving to Florida was difficult but I wanted to spread the love that Jimmy passed on to me. My sister and I did a lot of research and we found something that we both would honestly enjoy. Parkland buddies is a where you play sports with a buddy that has a Cognitive Disability and for 2 hours you are the reason they are smiling and laughing. Nothing makes me happier then to see my buddy enjoying herself! I love it so much I got my best friend to do it with me. These kids have such kind hearts and watching them do what they love is an indescribable feeling . A lot of people do community service for the hours but I can honestly say, I don't.

“It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”- Mother Teresa 



No comments:

Post a Comment