Sunday, March 2, 2014

Music


Music has been with me forever. It has helped me through hard times, expressed my feelings in good times, and released my excitement in my best glory moments. I believe that music has been there when I felt like no one else understood me. Music knew exactly how I was feeling. When I was in 8th Grade my sister went through a very tough time. She had her back operated on in the beginning of the year and her brain in the end of the year. You never realize just how scary it honestly is until you are put in the situation. For my entire 8th grade I had 6 songs that were on repeat. One of those songs, my favorite, is called To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra. This song is slow and when ever I felt like I couldn't wake up in the morning I would listen to the song and it would make me feel better instantly.  The songs has some beautiful instruments and when I closed my eyes I felt like I was transported to a Orchestra. A song that I would listen to when I was sad would be Breathe Me by Sia. This song made me cry instantly because it would remind me of my sister. The lyrics to the song are so real and pure it makes you really think. Another one of my favorite songs is I’m In Here by Sia. This song is so powerful and would express my feelings exactly. Gone by Justin Nozuka was a song that calmed me down and let me breathe when I was getting worked up. So Cold by Ben Cocks was a song I played every night before going to bed. It would help me fall to sleep. To be honest it was the only thing that got me to sleep. Forever and Always by Parachute is a story within a song and when you listen to the lyrics you can see the story coming to life. Music is a medicine and a healer. I couldn’t have gone through my sister having her surgeries without music. It has honestly gotten me through the toughest time of my life. For that I am extremely thankful to music.


With Love,
Avery McGettigan

I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.- Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment